Friday, August 14, 2015

New Fork City

A New York Pizza

‘The compulsion to write is almost like eating. It keeps me sane.’

In my Top Pet Peeves post, I stated that fast food is one of my top pet peeves. Why? I would never hide the fact that I enjoy eating out once in a while, but not the occasional greasy pizza that is substituted as "food" is no longer on my list. Vyna and I once brought pizza at our local neighborhood food court. Once we sat down and picked up the pizza, we could literally see the greasy oil pouring out of it. Needless to say, our pizzas went straight to the bin, that evening.

UGH! Bad, greasy food is never an option.

New Fork City was the clever headline from a newspaper I once read. The story was about the popularity of indoor food courts in New York City. The BIG trend in NY right now is the popularity of Giant Food Halls. Foodies like me have never had it so good! Great (that word again) news for my friends visiting, and tourists who are now able to choose an array of cuisines all under one roof.


Eating healthy: Now an option at the various food courts in NYC.





Seven food halls have opened in the pass five years in the city, from Gotham West Market to Eataly near Madison Square Park, Plaza Food Hall at the Plaza, Gransevoort Market in the Meatpacking District, Hudson Eats at Brookfield Place in Battery Park City, Berg’n in Crown Heights and City Kitchen in Times Square. More are on the way. Can’t wait.


Outdoor terrace in Forrest Hills, New York: After dinner drinks with friends 
on a hot summer day.

Locals and tourists can enjoy fine dining without the hassle of going to a restaurant (no tip included). What a saving.

That's it for now, see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for saying hello. But please, no spam.