Friday, June 23, 2017

How Do You Evaluate a Restaurant?

Cristiano Ronaldo

Cristiano Ronaldo is a Portuguese soccer player and in my mind, he is the best. Period! The only problem I have he doesn't play for Chelsea FC. ADEGA's is a Portuguese restaurant with so many awards I am running out of words on how to describe this great restaurant. The only problem I have with ADEGA's is they are in California and I live in New York City 4,139 km = 2,572 miles. Not good!


How do you evaluate a restaurant?
It's more than just bout the food. In my view, the restaurant must have great lighting and the music can make or break the atmosphere. Everything else gives personality to the restaurant. The question I ask myself "how good is the service?" ADEGA achievements make this restaurant a "cut above the rest" It's a winner!


ADEGA-Michelin Star Award Restaurant in San Jose, California

And before I am put into a pillory and exposed to public abuse, I wrote "Fun Facts About San Jose, California" it brought lots of comments from my friends, I attended a San Jose’s event in a Portuguese Michelin Star restaurant named ALDEA located in Manhattan which I highly recommend to my readers.

ADEGA-Michelin Star Award Restaurant in San Jose, California


Back to the matter at hand. ADEGA restaurant, San Jose’s, Calif. recent recipient of the Michelin Star Award located in San Jose’s Little Portugal, have now been honored with a second coveted award by the Wine Enthusiast Magazine’s most prestigious America's 100 Best Wine Restaurants of 2017.

 www.WineMag.com.

Only three Northern Californian restaurants will receive this prestigious award. How proud San Jose’s must be to have one of their own to have a local restaurant honored with this prestigious award. ADEGA is a family owned restaurant and operated by San Jose natives Carlos and Fernanda Carreira. Their daughter, chef Jessica Carreira, and her fiancĂ©, chef David Costa, are strongly influenced by family recipes and have worked at Michelin-starred restaurants in Lisbon, Portugal. Recently I had the honor to met this family in New York.

Carlos and Fernanda Carreira, chef David Costa, chef Jessica Carreira

“On behalf of the City of San Jose, I’d like to congratulate the Carreira family for receiving this tremendous honor,” said local Mayor Sam Liccardo. “In addition to setting a high standard of excellence, Adega represents the great culinary diversity and creativity found in our community. San Jose and the entire Bay Area are fortunate to have this Michelin-starred Portuguese restaurant, in the heart of our historic Little Portugal neighborhood.”

Mayor Sam Liccardo

Lunch Menu

Wine Enthusiast’s approach to wine and spirits is accessible and unpretentious and enjoyed by novices (which includes me) and experts alike. Published 13 times per year, the magazine’s audience is at nearly one million. Wow! The magazine and its Buying Guide with more than 200,000 ratings and reviews make up the most comprehensive database in the industry is available for free online at www.WineMag.com.

Chef Jessica Carreira, Chef David Costa

Last word: The secret of a successful restaurant is sharp knives. George Orwell, English novelist 1903-1950



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for saying hello. But please, no spam.