Thursday, May 18, 2017

The "Seated Ballerina" by Jeff Koons: Instagram's Biggest Sensation of The Week


Jeff Koons ‘Seated Ballerina’ Sculpture

Imagine my surprise when I visited The Rockafeller Centre and rested my eyes on this inflated, 45-foot-high seated ballerina WOW! I have no fear of a contradiction from my friends when I say I'm not the artsy type, I'm more of an "artful dodger" if you will, but the "Seated Ballerina" is a sight to behold. Below is an article published in www.highendweekly.com yesterday. I obtained permission to publish it. All picture credits are my own. Enjoy!

*******

Art is notably more fun when the public gets to enjoy it, and so it’s been proven that thousands of New Yorkers have reveled in the beauty of Jeff Koons’ “Seated Ballerina” when they got their first glimpse of the installation last Wednesday. The enormous ballerina, prominently placed in front of the city’s landmark, is a 45-foot-high inflatable sculpture that depicts a metallic female figure in a powder blue leotard and tutu adjusting her slippers. The piece marks the third time Jeff Koons has displayed one of his monumental work at Rockefeller Center, and it was officially opened by the artist himself on Friday, May 12, 2017.

Jeff Koons' “Seated Ballerina” outside Rockefeller Plaza, New York
 The "Seated Ballerina" directly in from of this amazing Art Deco building
 Jeff Koons 45-foot-high inflatable sculpture

The inflatable sculpture is truly Larger-Than-Life

 Details of my favorite photograph of the "Seated Ballerina" by Jeff Koons. What a Smile!
 Jeff Koons "Seated Ballerina" Sculpture
The "Seated Ballerina" is on view now until June 2, 2017, and it strongly warrant a visit. 
All photo's by Michael S. McConkey

Jeff Koons supports the Kiehl’s and Art Production Fund. The work aims to bring awareness to National Missing Children’s Month and supports International Centre for Missing & Exploited Children (ICMEC) and will be on display May 12-June 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for saying hello. But please, no spam.